Smlouvy v angličtině I
Course aimed at intermediate (B1) students with no prior knowledge of legal English. Professional legal background is NOT required to participate fully in the seminar.
Suitable for EVERONE!
The seminar consists of two sessions.
By the end of the first session students will have become familiar with the language and theory which will be applied and practised during the second session.
The first session (14.00-15.30) will cover:
- A brief introduction to contract law
- Introduction of basic legal terminology related to contracts (parties, terms and conditions, breach of contract, remedies etc.)
- Practice of new vocabulary in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere
The second session (15.45-17.10) will cover:
- Mini case study
- Negotiating a contract
- A close-up and teacher’s tips on how to study legal English outside the classroom
- Introduction to International Legal English, Cambridge Publishing, unit 2
- Teacher-made materials: flash cards, glossaries, vocabulary games etc.